Pws Or Iis Or Another

rainwater

My hosting company has the option of using their FTP, but I have one that I am used to and change is difficult for this great grammy. Probably is the reason why I am having a hard time grasping the new HTML. Is it alright to keep using the one I have? Do you want to know the name of it? I am not sure if I am supposed to post things like that.I do not think I want to use Microsofts PWS or IIS....What is your opinion on this?I am at the end of the HTML tutorial and on to the next.

It's best to give names, one of us may be confused. PWS and IIS are both web servers. If you're talking about using FTP I assume that's an FTP client (e.g. Filezilla, Cute FTP, Core FTP, etc). An FTP client like Filezilla doesn't replace a web server like IIS or Apache. Some web hosts give access to an online FTP client you can use through their web site, but in general you can always use a third-party FTP client to connect with any FTP server.

I happen to use FireFTP, which is a free addon to Firefox.There are a good couple of add-ons for FF for web developers. One in particular can validate your code with the click of a button, or outline all your elements, and lots of other good stuff. I believe its listed under web developers addon. IE8 also includes a web developers toolbar too.

I currently use Cute FTP. While going through the tutorial in HTML, it said:•If you want other people to view your pages, you must publish them.•To publish your work, you must save your pages on a web server.•Your own PC can act as a web server if you install IIS or PWS.•IIS or PWS turns your computer into a web server.•Microsoft IIS and PWS are free web server components.I was confused thinking since coding had changed so much that perhaps uploading did too.Thank you for getting that straightened out in my brain. I can continue to use my CuteFTP client.whew

Archived