Divs sizes

MattUK

Hi all,quick question.I am playing around with some basic templates and I am just getting into CSS and using divs also, my question is when I give dimensions to the div, I put my content in (text) but the div changes shape with the text..which I dont want? How do I lock the width and height of a div so that it will not change shape at all ?Thanks for your time :) Matt.

Just give absolute dimensions(in pixels) to the div(width: ###px; height:###px;) and if it still doesn't work, add "overflow:hidden". As far as I know, this would hide every part of the text that passes the specified dimensions, thus keeping the div unchanged.

Just give absolute dimensions(in pixels) to the div(width: ###px; height:###px;) and if it still doesn't work, add "overflow:hidden". As far as I know, this would hide every part of the text that passes the specified dimensions, thus keeping the div unchanged.

Thanks Boen_robot, I did try the width and height method but the div was changing shape, I have just tried the over flow and it works perfectly...Thanks very much :) Thank you.Matt.

Actually, I wouldn't use overflow: hidden, because that would just hide text that doesn't fit in the div. Try using overflow: auto instead, that way you'll get a vertical scrollbar in the div.