Path To Find Img

jnf555

A forwardslash '/' looks in the root of your web site. Then you just type the path to the folder. For example:body {background-image:url('/folder1/folder2/bgdesert.jpg');}Of course there are other ways depending on the images relative location to the CSS file.

The "other ways" are "./" to refer to the current directory and "../" to refer to the parent.

Hi There, I'm having the same problem. i.e.body{ background-image:url('/images/zz-bg-21.gif');}doesn't work. The image is in my images folder, which is in the same folder as the html file.Regards, Stewart
try thisbackground-image: url('images/zz-bg-21.gif');and/or check your spelling.edit: where is the image in relation to your CSS file?

try thisbackground-image: url('images/zz-bg-21.gif');and/or check your spelling.edit: where is the image in relation to your CSS file?
That did the trick; missing a space before the url. I was tearing my hair out over this.Cheers, Stewart

That did the trick; missing a space before the url. I was tearing my hair out over this.Cheers, Stewart
Actually it wasn't the space that was throwing it off. It was the '/' in front of images. The forward slash refers to the root of your website. If your HTML file and the images folder are in a subdirectory of your website then you also need to include that in the path.

Archived