Search Filter From Mysql

kumpel

Hi, I am having a problem getting my script to filter my search results. I have a script that allows ALL my data to appear in pagination form from Mysql, I also have a script that uses an array to allow one to refine a search by 4 criteria.My problem is 1) I cannot get the refined search script to work?2) How do I combine the two to allow a refined search and to put it in paginated form?Can anyone help?I have attached the 2 scripts belowPAGINATION SCRIPT (working)<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 3.2//en"><html><head><title>Plus2net.com paging script in PHP</title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Arachnophilia 4.0"><meta name="FORMATTER" content="Arachnophilia 4.0"></head><body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" vlink="#800080" alink="#ff0000"><?$con = mysql_connect("mysql5.domainplanet.at", "xxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxx");if (!$con) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); }mysql_select_db("xxxxyyyy", $con);$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM dort");$page_name="demo_paging1.php"; // If you use this code with a different page ( or file ) name then change this $start=$_GET['start'];if(strlen($start) > 0 and !is_numeric($start)){echo "Data Error";exit;}$eu = ($start - 0); $limit = 10; // No of records to be shown per page.$this1 = $eu + $limit; $back = $eu - $limit; $next = $eu + $limit; /////////////// WE have to find out the number of records in our table. We will use this to break the pages///////$query2=" SELECT * FROM dort";$result2=mysql_query($query2);echo mysql_error();$nume=mysql_num_rows($result2);/////// The variable nume above will store the total number of records in the table/////////////// Now let us print the table headers ////////////////$bgcolor="#3399FF";echo "<TABLE width=65% align=center cellpadding=5 cellspacing=5> <tr>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Was</font></td>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Bundesland</font></td>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Bezirk</font></td>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Ort</font></td>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Beschreibung</font></td>";echo "<td bgcolor='99FFFF' > <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica' color='#F00303' size='4'>Anfangdatum</font></td>";////////////// Now let us start executing the query with variables $eu and $limit set at the top of the page///////////$query=" SELECT * FROM dort limit $eu, $limit ";$result=mysql_query($query);echo mysql_error();//////////////// Now we will display the returned records in side the rows of the table/////////while($noticia = mysql_fetch_array($result)){if($bgcolor=='#f1f1f1'){$bgcolor='#ffffff';}else{$bgcolor='#f1f1f1';}echo "<tr >";echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[Was]</font></td>"; echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[bundesland]</font></td>"; echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[bezirk]</font></td>"; echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[Ort]</font></td>"; echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[beschreibung]</font></td>"; echo "<td align=left bgcolor=$bgcolor id='title'> <font face='Verdana' size='2'>$noticia[AnfangDatum]</font></td>"; echo "</tr>";}echo "</table>";////////////////////////////// End of displaying the table with records /////////////////////////////////////////////////////// if($nume > $limit ){ // Let us display bottom links if sufficient records are there for paging/////////////// Start the bottom links with Prev and next link with page numbers /////////////////echo "<table align = 'center' width='50%'><tr><td align='left' width='30%'>";//// if our variable $back is equal to 0 or more then only we will display the link to move back ////////if($back >=0) { print "<a href='$page_name?start=$back'><font face='Verdana' size='2'>PREV</font></a>"; } //////////////// Let us display the page links at center. We will not display the current page as a link ///////////echo "</td><td align=center width='80%'>";$i=0;$l=1;for($i=0;$i < $nume;$i=$i+$limit){if($i <> $eu){echo " <a href='$page_name?start=$i'><font face='Verdana' size='2'>$l</font></a> ";}else { echo "<font face='Verdana' size='4' color=red>$l</font>";} /// Current page is not displayed as link and given font color red$l=$l+1;}echo "</td><td align='right' width='30%'>";///////////// If we are not in the last page then Next link will be displayed. Here we check that /////if($this1 < $nume) { print "<a href='$page_name?start=$next'><font face='Verdana' size='2'>NEXT</font></a>";} echo "</td></tr></table>";}// end of if checking sufficient records are there to display bottom navigational link. ?></body></html>SEARCH SCRIPT<?php $con = mysql_connect("mysql5.domainplanet.at", "xxxxxx", "xxxxxx");if (!$con) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); }mysql_select_db("outofafrica", $con); ############################################################################################## function search($was,$bundesland,$bezirk) { $values = array($was,$bundesland,$bezirk); $condition = array('Was=\''.$was.'\' ','Bundesland=\''.$bundesland.'\' ','Bezirk=\''.$bezirk.'\''); function not_null($val) { return($val!=''); } //$callback = $this->not_null(); /*$function_body = "return (isset($val));"; echo $function_name = create_function('$val', $function_body);*/ $filteredArr = array_filter($values,'not_null'); $fil_keys = array_keys($filteredArr); $totFil = count($fil_keys); for($i=0;$i<$totFil;$i++) { $filter_key =$fil_keys[$i]; $result[] = $condition[$filter_key]; } $condition_res = implode(’ AND ‘,$result); $query = "SELECT * FROM dort WHERE $condition_res "; return $query; } ############################################################################################## $was = $_POST['was']; $bundesland = $_POST['Bundesland']; $bezirk = $_POST['bezirk']; echo $searchRes = search($was,$bundesland,$bezirk); ?>

Wow, HTML 3.2 huh? The classics are alive and well it seems.What happens when you run the filter script? The result is that it should print out a SQL query when you submit to that page from a form, is that what you're seeing? It looks like the script was copied and pasted from a blog or something and some of the quotes got messed up, are you seeing any errors?At least on this line the quotes need to be fixed:$condition_res = implode(’ AND ‘,$result);

Hi, yes it is a little old :) I did indeed copy it from a one of the forums and changed what I could to make it work. I am not a programmer as you can se but am learning!When I run it it just returns all the data from the MYsql dbase, no error comes up.Thanks for replying.

Archived