Asp.net + Normal Asp With Apache

RobberBaron

I want a world where I am free to speak my mind.I want a world where I can expect the best of everyone.I want a world without limits.
To be honest, I want a world where everyone would stop talking nonsense and give me a simple way to run ASP.NET and ASP on Apache!Okay, the idea:I have XAMPP, which has Apache::ASP written in pearl. However my idea is that, as long as I have the scripting engine, you can tell Apache to run these file with the special extension with the certain engine.I've probably confused you all now.I have found 3 third party add-ons, only one of which the link works, and that doesn't even properly work.I know I have ASP.NET on my computer so is there a simple way for Apache to do this?

Well, yes. The whole idea of Apache::ASP is to run ASP pages under Apache, using nothing more than Perl, which is portable.At their installation instructions, you can also find a Win32 installation guide, which is what you need (I suppose).I suggest you ask the Apache::ASP guys for assistance on this one if it doesn't work out.At the end of the day, you can also install IIS in addition to Apache. Just make sure it uses a different port from Apache.

Well, yes. The whole idea of Apache::ASP is to run ASP pages under Apache, using nothing more than Perl, which is portable.At their installation instructions, you can also find a Win32 installation guide, which is what you need (I suppose).I suggest you ask the Apache::ASP guys for assistance on this one if it doesn't work out.At the end of the day, you can also install IIS in addition to Apache. Just make sure it uses a different port from Apache.
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You may or may not already know this, but you can develop ASP.NET projects with Microsoft's free Visual Web Developer Express. If you already know this, then it's likely you've assessed this already and it doesn't suit your needs.If not, it might be worth a checking out. I don't know if it has support for classic ASP. For ASP.NET, it create's a temporary server on a random port whenever you compile and has lots of great free debugging feature's etc.

Archived