Php Tutorial Stuck Already

kate

Hi again,this is my first foray into php and i'm stuck. I've been looking at the php tutorial and have been pretty much just copying and pasting to try and start working out how everything goes. My problem at the moment is the db.php script which acesses a table in mysql, i can't get it to work and I'm pretty sure i've created said table... I'm using easyPHP to run things locally and I imagine it's something to do with what I've put as host/user/password etc, mainly because that's the only thing i've changed in the script so far. has anyone run anything similar in easyPHP and know how it goes? Thankyou!This is the db.php file with what i've got for host etc;<?php$database_host = 'localhost';$database_user = 'root';$database_password = '';$database_name = '';$con = mysql_connect($database_host, $database_user, $database_password) or exit(mysql_error());mysql_select_db($database_name, $con) or exit (mysql_error());function db_query($sql){ return mysql_query($sql, $GLOBALS['con']);}?>

this is the error message:Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.1\www\db.php on line 8Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.1\www\db.php on line 8Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.1\www\db.php on line 8thanks, K

Archived