How Deep Can You Link An Item?

taaron12

Hi guys! I'm still trying to think of how I want to phrase my question, so please bare with me. :) Also mods, if this is better posted in the PHP section, please move. :) I've made a shared folder for my site, containing the common/shared aspects of the site, located in Root. Menu, advertisement codes, added to the page by with <?php include ('..shared/menu/menu.php');?> for example. It works on the main page of my site, and the top of the sub-domain. but if I try an include on a page that's located like: sub-domainfolder/folder/.html, or subdomainfolder/folder/folder/.html I get this. Warning: include(../../shared/menu/menu.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directoryAny idea how to fix this, or should I just keep all my .html files at the subdomain level? Thanks!

Do you mean

<?php include ('../shared/menu/menu.php');?>

while your main PHP script is at (for example)

domain-folder/index.php

and that works, but

<?php include ('../../shared/menu/menu.php');?>

where the main script is at

domain-folder/sub-domainfolder/folder/index.php

doesn't work?If that's the case, you're missing one more additional ".." to cater for the folder below your "domain-folder" folder.

Do you mean
<?php include ('../shared/menu/menu.php');?>

while your main PHP script is at (for example)

domain-folder/index.php

and that works, but

<?php include ('../../shared/menu/menu.php');?>

where the main script is at

domain-folder/sub-domainfolder/folder/index.php

doesn't work?If that's the case, you're missing one more additional ".." to cater for the folder below your "domain-folder" folder.

Ahh, I see. So, the extra ".." will account for how deep the file is, and just add for how deep it goes? appreciate it. :)

Archived