String To Multidimensional Arrays

ckrudelux

Using the explode(); I can make an array from a string but how do I make a multidimensional array?

// Example:$string = somefunction($txt);print_r($string);//Output:Array(	[cars] => Array		(			[0] => Volvo			[1] => Saab		)	[color] => Array		(			[0] => Red			[1] => Green		))

You'd probably have to write your own function that accepts a string. Explode that string into an array. Loop through the array and set each of the values equal to an exploded version of that value.
Not that I was looking for but I can do a function for it too. Just takes more time.

How is the original string generated? If it can be constructed in JSON format, for instance, then unpacking it into a PHP object is quite simple.
Okay I just made a function now but the string looks like this now:$string = "1,2,3,4:2,1,2,3:3,1,2,3";With my function I get this:
Array(	[0] => Array //Every row is an object with content id number		(			[0] => 1 //This number tells me what object to change the other numbers tells me the id of the content			[1] => 2			[2] => 3			[3] => 4		)	[1] => Array		(			[0] => 2			[1] => 1			[2] => 2			[3] => 3		)	[2] => Array		(			[0] => 3			[1] => 1			[2] => 2			[3] => 3		))

I get the string from a javascript. Adding the numbers in the order it reads them first number is allways the object id number and the other is content id number.

Archived