Column Doesnt Grow With Content

grindy

can anyone tell me why when i add a table to one of my columns it doesn't grow with the table height. The table is fairly tallbut my left column doesn't grow with it. the only way it seems to grow is if i put a fixed height on my column.my body has min-height: 100%;my container has min-height: 100%my columns have height: auto;this is addy for page and i turned column border so you can see how it lookswww.hamiltonkosher.com/urbanzoo

It would be easier to help if you provided the id or classname of the columns/table that have this problem. And since you have so many "pages", also the specific page where I can see this thing happening. Also tell us if it happens in all browsers or just some browsers.That said, the usual reason elements don't grow with their content is that they contain items with a float property. Float removes an element from the normal flow. Solutions include giving the container an overflow property (try overflow:auto), or adding an empty div at the bottom of the container that is set to clear:both

I seem to be having that problem with all of my columnsthe page in particular i wanted you to look at is the cats pageI have put a border around the columnand as you can see the table in the column out grows the column and disapears down the bottomwww.hamiltonkosher.com/urbanzooI tried the overflow auto but the table in the column still disapears at the bottom of the pagethe page just doesnt grow with the column.

Wow. I only just noticed that you have redundant <html> and <body> elements. An HTML document can have exactly one <html> element and exactly one <body> element. Yours looks like you've pieced together multiple documents somehow? You can do that, but those wrapping elements must go.Let's look at the page again when that's taken care of.

ok i took them all outI have lots to learni am using the coda slider for this page and all of my pages are on one file index.html so i guess i assumed they would all need seperate htm. and head tags.when i used overflow auto in my container somehow it added another scroll bar on the right side of the page

Archived