Mkdir

defiant1970

Hello again I am tring to make a directory from my page and I have tried a few different ways without any luck.Here is my code I hope someone can make heads or tails out of it <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"> <input type="text" name="FileName" /> <input type="submit" value="CreateFile" /> </form> <?php $target_path = "farm/$userID/"; $NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]); mkdir($target_path/$NewFolder ,2); ?>the $userID is the person who is login and the ID is also the name of there folder in the farm. I have a file listing app ant it works with "farm/$userID/"

First of all, you should have an action attribute on the form, even if it's empty.This is a mistake:mkdir($target_path/$NewFolder ,2);
Thank you for your replyIf this is a mistake then what am I doing wrong???All the documention I have found it wrote the file right from the function

When the slash character is not in quotations, PHP will treat is as the division operator. If you want that path to be interpolated as a string, you'll need to put it all in double quotations marks, like you did here: "farm/$userID/" The 2 looks wrong, also. I've never seen mkdir passed anything there but an octal value like 0755Have you looked here? http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="" method="post"> <input type="text" name="FileName" /> <input type="submit" value="CreateFile" /> </form> <?php $target_path = "/farm/$userID/"; $NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]); mkdir("$target_path" & "/" & "$NewFolder" ,0755); ?>This what I have tried now still no luck

<?php $target_path = "/farm/$userID/"; $NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]); mkdir("$target_path" & "/" & "$NewFolder" ,0755); ?>
try this:
		 <?php 		 $target_path = "/farm/$userID/";		 $NewFolder = $_POST["FileName"];		 mkdir($target_path . $NewFolder ,0755);		 		 ?>

thank you But there must be something Iam missing I even tried<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="" method="post"> <input type="text" name="FileName" /> <input type="submit" value="CreateFile" /> </form> <?php $NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]); $target_path = "/farm/$userID/$NewFolder"; mkdir($target_path, 0755); ?>the closest I got it to work is add a folder in the admin folder which is where the script is running

I see, have you tried with $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']?

<?php$target_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] ."/farm/$userID/";$NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]);mkdir("$target_path" & "/" & "$NewFolder" ,0755);?>

maybe that's why it doing it's thing in the same directory

I see, have you tried with $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']?
<?php$target_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] ."/farm/$userID/";$NewFolder = ($_POST["FileName"]);mkdir("$target_path" & "/" & "$NewFolder" ,0755);?>

maybe that's why it doing it's thing in the same directory

Thank you very much that was the ticketmakeing this file system browser is a pane in the but

Archived