New Comer, Wish To Learn From You, Please Help

hixtreme45600

Hello W3School members, First of thanks for taking the time to listen. I am totally new to this scripting world. I just know tiny bit about html using front page. I am currently unemployed and looking for a way to provide for my family. I am interested in building a website with hundreds of items to sell, and make some commission on these items to make some money. I don't have want to make one page per item, that will take me ages. Is there any other way to make this possible, Please keep in my mind that I have no idea how to use PHP, mySQL or any of the those things. And off course since I am broke, I can't afford to buy hosting service at this time, I am using using 110MB.com (110MB dot com) FREE service. Anyone willing to guide to throw this, w/ step by step directions. I would greatly appropriated, and I promise if I started to generate some income I will not forget you for helping me out. I will do, what in my power to assist you. PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know what to do. :)

I am interested in building a website with hundreds of items to sell, and make some commission on these items to make some money.
"Commission"?!? You mean like the way eBay does it? Have others sell stuff, and get a commission from every sell? You can't (practically speaking...) do that... not without some money behind your back and/or a bunch of really experienced PHP and MySQL developers behind your back (along with a designer or two).And even if you pull it off, it then becomes about trust... if I'm a seller, should I use your service, or will you just give me a bad name by having a system that doesn't work, for which I'd be the one blamed? If I'm a buyer, should I buy something from you, or is it all a scam, with faked sellers and everything?It's much more realistic that you register with PayPal, and then create a site on which you sell YOUR stuff by using a free cart system (google it) that supports PayPal.

The sort of thing you are asking for (which does indeed sound like an eBay-like system) is something that people study for years to understand how to do, and work in teams numbering in the dozens to realise. It is highly doubtful that you will be able to learn how to and create such a system, that is secure and reliable, through a forum in people's spare time. Besides, such systems do require a large amount of prior investment, for your other team members, for the hosting (free servers won't cut it), SSL certificates, domain names, even things like business registration fees, accountants, etc.And, as boen_robot said, why would people go with you, when there are better, more reputable systems like eBay available? How are you even going to get people to come to your site without any marketing budget?

WOW.... :) Let me start by saying, thanks for partially answering my question. if you think, I'm a fraud, and/or will conduct illegal business, YOUR WRONGI will get products from name brand companies and work as affiliate, I am sure you understand how that works as far as commission....ABOUT customer Security and/or TRUST issue - I am just an affiliate, MY SITE will offer what the these known TRUSTED and SECURE companies will offer, except they will links to special products and stuff trough my site..... once they add items to the CART they will be on authorized resellers site, the transaction is completed through them.I am just like U, I don't trust me brother with anything so WHY will i trust some random website.... HOW I do things are off course little different, but I can assure you no buyer will get F--k-d in the process. Now as far the market goes.... they are TONS of way to market you product or site in my case, without spending a time.... YOU JUST have to know where to look.......NOW I would GREATLY appreciate it, if someone is willing to HELP ME.... and not criticize and judge someone.... without prior knowledge.I fully understand it take ALLOT of time and KNOWLEDGE to learn this stuff. This is why I am asking for help, there has to be a way, there has to be some shortcuts...... you guys are bless with the knowledge, so if your willing to share.... please do so, as I would if I was you.... and I will if with your help I do become successful...

Don't worry, we don't think you'll do anything illegal... and anyway, it's your potential customers, not us, you have to convince. Remember, they don't have prior knowledge either!Anyway, we are just trying to convey to you that we believe the, well, technical aspects of such a site are not something that can be understood, let alone executed, in the way you desire. Is there a shortcut to being a doctor, or a software engineer? If there are, I'm sure as ###### you can't learn it all over a bulletin board. And definitely not through a bulletin board populated by unpaid volunteers who are really not going to take time off their lives to become your personal teacher. We've spent years (well, at least I have) learning how to program, develop applications, and design websites, both personally and in formal educational environments, and there is no way we can somehow, umm, magically impart all that knowledge to another person over the Internet. You can of course start learning, maybe by looking through the tutorials in our parent site, http://www.w3schools.com/, and create some simple websites, and we will be happy to help you with any problems you may encounter along the way. Gradually, you can read books, try other tutorials, and progress to more advanced concepts - and after some time, you will begin to learn how to achieve the sort of site you want. But, honestly, there are no shortcuts - at least not without getting someone else to do the work for you.

Archived