Change Search Result Display?

pawsitiveleads

Hi,Apologies if this is answered a million times already on the forum. I tried searching, and checking the FAQ, but to be honest, I'm not even sure I'm searching for the right thing.I reckon this is a very basic question, but here goes;When I type in the name of the website in google (pawsitiveleads), I get the result of "Index of /". That is the correct site, but what do I need to change to make the website display something user friendly and relevant like "Pawsitive Leads Dog Walking" or something...anything nicer than "Index of /"?Again, sorry if this is obvious, or already answered, I just don't know where to start!Thanks,Alan

Welcome to the site.Depends on where the 'Index of /' is appearing. In the title? On the page itself? On googles results? On a flying hippo going past your window?If you narrow it down then we can help a bit more.:)

Welcome to the site.Depends on where the 'Index of /' is appearing. In the title? On the page itself? On googles results? On a flying hippo going past your window?If you narrow it down then we can help a bit more.:)
OK, just realised that I may have omitted something important :)It was happening when I did the search in google. The top result for "pawsitiveleads" was my site, but was just saying "index of /" as the website title on the search page. If that makes sense. The second search result was titles "pawsitive" - another company, next search result was "pawsitive performance" etc. My site was just coming up with the description / title of "index of /".I don't know if that makes sense or not.However, since asking the question earlier, I just searched it again to try and explain what I meant better, and oddly enough, it now comes up with the more user friendly title and description I was wanting to achieve!It Now comes up with the title "Pawsitive Leads: Welcome" and the description is the first few lines from the index page.This does lead me on to another related question though, which is;How do I change the description shown by the search engine on the search results page so that instead of having the first lines from the web page displayed, I could have something more specific, like "Dog walking and pet sitting, Waterford, Ireland"?Hope that is a little clearer! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Google uses the title tag and meta description tags to display the information on their search results. Different search engines use different bits though to its best not to aim it at just one se, but to cover the major se's.Both these belong in the <head> section of the page.<title>Page Title Goes Here</title><meta name="description" content="Page description goes here." />:)

Archived