Alternating Row Colors (using 3 Colors?)

I'm trying to do alternating row colors for a table. Now - I can get two colors just fine and dandy...but because I feel like torturing myself, I made up a design that requires three. I've been fighting with the code for the past few days and I have no clue what to do anymore.If someone could help me I would be very thankful.(also - I am still very green to php..so if you could use small words - I'd love ya :))code from Header

<?phpfunction rowcolor($count){$class1 = "row-1";$class2 = "row-2";$class3 = "row-3";if($count % 1 != 1){return $class1;}elseif($count % 1 != 2){return $class2;}elseif($count % 1 != 3){return $class3;}} ?> <?phpfunction tableborder($count){$class1 = "table1";$class2 = "table2";$class3 = "table3";if($count % 3 != 1){return $class1;}elseif($count % 3 != 2){return $class2;}elseif($count % 3 != 3){return $class3;}} ?>

and then this is from the page where the table is:

$count = 0;while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {$rowcolor = rowcolor($count);$tableborder = tableborder($count);$id = $row['id'];?><table class="<? echo $tableborder; ?>" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr valign="top" class="<? echo $rowcolor; ?>"><td width="75" align="center" valign="middle"></td></tr></table><br /><?$count++;}?>

If I'm doing something wrong - well it wouldn't surprise me. But again - any help would be much appreciated :)Cheers!

Edited by lu13cky
<?phpfunction rowcolor($count){$class1 = "row-1";$class2 = "row-2";$class3 = "row-3";if($count % 1 != 1){return $class1;}elseif($count % 1 != 2){return $class2;}elseif($count % 1 != 3){return $class3;}}

You just need to change your conditional statements. For starters you have $count % 1 when it should be $count % 3 and you're checking for the wrong remainders. You should be checking for 0, 1, 2 not 1, 2, 3. Edited by jkloth

The result of any number mod 1 is always 0, btw. So this statement:if($count % 1 != 1)will always be true, and so it would always return the class 1. You could probably condense your function into this:

function rowcolor($count){  $nr = ($count % 3) + 1;  return 'row-' . $nr;}

The result of any number mod 1 is always 0, btw. So this statement:if($count % 1 != 1)will always be true, and so it would always return the class 1. You could probably condense your function into this:
function rowcolor($count){  $nr = ($count % 3) + 1;  return 'row-' . $nr;}

I love you. :)Thank you soooo much. It worked. *dances*