Seeking Answers

Ska

Hello to everyone.First I'd like to welcome everyone and let you know I'm building quite possibly an advanced website. I just needed help with a few tweaks, so first let me tell you about my host.First my host does not allow PHP/SQL/CGI or other server side code. So, I'm in need of some help because I'm trying to do a lot;I need forms on my website, the forms functionality is to be a guest list sign up to events. I need the data from the form to give to the event host, is this possible to do without PHP/SQL/CGI? If so, how would i create the forms and use the data from them?Secondly am in need of a calendar, but stumped on this one completely. I want to show event information on the calendar.I feel I could be asking a lot, but everything I have learned so far is self-taught without mentoring or help thus far. I am guessing I need to learn about client-side code?

You could hard-code a calendar using a table. But if the calendar needs to be updated, you would be happier with a database. Likewise, there is no way to process form data without server-side scripting.You either need to get access to server side processing or look at your project a different way.

sounds like you need to get a better host. It doesn't help to be working on a project more advanced than your environment.

Edited by thescientist

Well my host does offer Javascript, but I'm not sure that's going to help much.Hmmm.. Well thanks for your help, both of you. I might need to reconsider where I host then.

:) Now you've got to define host. A lot of "hosts" use the facebook or blogspot model, and they forbid JS because it can lead to XSS and other evils. Edited by Deirdre's Dad