Styling Submit Buttons

Manny

I have a form on my site where all the fields are hidden, but I want the submit button to be displayed. Because of this, I want it to appear like a text link. Below is my code:

<input type="submit" value="Play" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background-color: transparent; color: #036; text-decoration: underline; font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; cursor: pointer;" />

Everything here is fine apart from the underline element. I've searched the web and tried to find a solution but I'm still looking for an answer. Is there anything that I am missing?

The CSS underline attribute will only underline the contents of the element. You'll have to fiddle with border-bottom.But, why do you need the form in the first place? Why not just pass the values directly through the URL, e.g.:

<a href="play.php?field1=somevalue&anotherfield=3">Play</a>

Unless your form uses POST, of course.

It's a form consisting of hidden fields and the submit button simply says "Play". When you click this it takes you to a PayPal payment page where my users can make payment for a game we're running.I have seen ways of implementing it as a text link using Javascript, but as you can turn it off in settings I wanted to stay away from it and use CSS. I'll try my luck with border-bottom.

Archived