Multilingual Website

pr.nimbalkar

A dropdown menu with languages as choise, then do a switch based on its value... that should work.

What issue? Can you be a little more specific? Like I said, if the issue is knowing which language you must post in - add a drop down (or something) that will let your script know which one.If that's not what you mean by "multilingual issue", please be more specific.

What issue? Can you be a little more specific? Like I said, if the issue is knowing which language you must post in - add a drop down (or something) that will let your script know which one.If that's not what you mean by "multilingual issue", please be more specific.
multilingual issue means i have to show as well enter the text in different languages like korean, spanish etc.How do i handle this is ASP.NET 2.0? any idea.

There are too many issues to deal with when dealing with multilingual sites (in general). In particular:1. Do you want to manually detect preffered language based on the Accept-Language HTTP header?2. Do want to display an error page when a page is not available in the desired language, or do you instead want to display it in a default language?3. How to you organize your content? A folder for each language with everything related inside, a folder for each page with every language as a file inside, a file prefix/suffix indicating the language?There are no right answers to this. It's more of a preference. Whatever you say, just think a little, as to how do you approach this... logically I mean. As soon as you define the basic logic, writing the code for it is going to be relatively easy... in any programming language.BTW, what programming language do you want to write this in? ASP.NET is not a programming language you know - it's a runtime in which other languages (Visual Basic, JScript, C#, etc.) run.

Archived