problem with multiple background images ?

Lustat

I'm having a bit of a problem with how to code some css. I have 3 pictures. one thats my full background 800px and repeats vertically. than I have 2 pictures that are about 300 px wide by 250px height. is there a way to put these 2 pics on top of the main background (800px one), and have them side by side ?and than the final fun part, me being able to add text to them ?thanks in advance for your help

Your pretty much asking for the impossible.Multiple backgrounds are in CSS3 and are only supported in Safari and FF3.6 as far as i know (not sure on Chrome or Opera 10.5).The ability to write text onto images - you can using PHP but i think its kinda resource hungry (not sure on that tbh), but would require more work to be done by the server compared to just writing the text onto the image in an image editing program.You can just write text in plain old html and stick that on the page, and that will appear over the background images.Hope that helps.:)

Your pretty much asking for the impossible.Multiple backgrounds are in CSS3 and are only supported in Safari and FF3.6 as far as i know (not sure on Chrome or Opera 10.5).The ability to write text onto images - you can using PHP but i think its kinda resource hungry (not sure on that tbh), but would require more work to be done by the server compared to just writing the text onto the image in an image editing program.You can just write text in plain old html and stick that on the page, and that will appear over the background images.Hope that helps.:)
hmmm. well that doesnt work :) bad css bad... lol. basically what I'm planning on doing is having 2 pictures side by side of what looks like a regular folder, top tab would have the name, and the rest of the folder would hold small bits of info. I was going with the idea of just adding as many folders as I need based on the info, but the way I wanted it seems to not work. guess what I could do is either create a table and give the table the background of the folders, so I can just type in there and try to lign up the text as needed using css, OR I can just make another pic with both folders side by side, and have it repeat vertically as many times as info is needed ?any benefits for one idea over the other ?

Archived