Form Styling

billykzov

hi all. i'm working on a website here, and in the upper right corner is a search form that kind of goes crazy depending on what browser it's being viewed in... i can't quite get in positioned in a centered way along the navigation menu. seems it's because different browsers default the styling of that sort of search form differently... webkit browsers specifically... what's the cleanest way to ensure that the form is the same size, width, height, etc, through css... i've tried styling it a bunch of different ways, and it breaks. also, in safari, the form becomes way longer...any help will be much appreciated :) makes me feel that way

interesting site, hehe.... :)Anyway, what you're encountering is a common problem for web developing. The best way to get all browsers to render you're page accurately (relatively) is by using a Strict DTD, validate your page for errors, and, if you feel so inclined, you can use the universal selector to reset all default margins and paddings, like so:

*{margin: 0px;padding: 0px;}

thanks! i've already got a reset stylesheet for that site... must be picking up some strange form styling somewhere else. the page almost validates, except for some -moz declarations... might knock those out, but i feel like it doesn't count if it's css3 stuff.

interesting site, hehe.... :)Anyway, what you're encountering is a common problem for web developing. The best way to get all browsers to render you're page accurately (relatively) is by using a Strict DTD, validate your page for errors, and, if you feel so inclined, you can use the universal selector to reset all default margins and paddings, like so:
*{margin: 0px;padding: 0px;}

Archived