sending mail to multiple recipients from a db

ccpokerd

Hi again all,Ok, so I have my form all nice and set up, it validates their name and email, sends them a confirmation email and then adds them into a database.Now, i have a form set up (with a nice WYSIWYG editor to send mail to everyone on the list...so far my code is:

<?phprequire("auth.php");require_once("../includes/dbconnect.inc.php");$link = mysql_connect(DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD);if(!$link) {	die('Failed to connect to database: ' . mysql_error());}$db = mysql_select_db(DB_DATABASE);if(!$db) {	die("Unable to select database");}$qry = "SELECT email FROM signups"$result = mysql_query($qry) or die(mysql_error());											?>

I have no idea where to go from here. :SI assume I have to do something like

foreach(mysql_num_rows($result)) {$to .= $result['email'];$name = $result['name'];

but to be honest I have no idea where to go from here,all I'm asking is for a nudge in the right direction, not a fully-featured script :)Much appreciated

Yeah, you need to loop through everything and either add every address to the CC line or send one email per address. If you've got a lot of users (more than a thousand) you're going to need to have a queue so that you don't bomb the mail server with a ton of mails at once.

Archived