Link to an Iframe

suzie

Dear,I have a page that contains a table with <tr> and <td> where I placed photos of some Authors, and each time the vivitor click on the author photo, an Iframe will be loaded under this table that contains the article of the clickable author...so that will happen on the same page....each author has a priority...in this way<td width="51" height="46" align="right" class="author-name-articles"><a href="open_artic.php?priority=19" target="frame1">name<br />family</a></td>";here is the iframe that opens each time we click on an author in the same page,<iframe name=\"frame1\" scrolling=\"no\" width=\"100%\" height=\"200px\" id=\"iframe1\" marginheight=\"0\" frameborder=\"0\" src=\"open_artic.php?p=1\" onload=\"autoResize('iframe1');\"></iframe>";open with the default author with priority = 1everything goes ok with this page( this is an internal page), there is no problem, but on main page there is a table that contains the same authorsthe problem is if someone click on an author, the page open but not on the clickable author, it opens on the default one with priority = 1,because I cannot change the URL in the address bar...Is there a way when an author is clicked not only the URL of the iframe change but also the URL of the browser, so I can link to the clickable one..please need helpThank you

Your best way is to scrap the iframes and look into ajax for the author info based on the photo (to get data without a page refresh), with the data stored in a database, and use a server side language to fetch the data from the database (either a mysql database or xml, depending on how many there are).Then, when you want to link to an author from a seperate page, you can pass the variables onto the page via the url. However, exposing database related stuff in the url is dangerous so you'll need to build it very securely, make it not-obvious you're using a database and something thats not going to be guessable, like page.php?author=bobsmith instead of page.php?id=45Hope that helps :)

Archived