How to change the data source / server name globally for all SQL reporting reports

ready2drum

I have alot of reports (MS SQL Server 2005) that are pointing to a specific server name in the data source property and want to know if there's a way to change the data source / data connection string so that it points to the new server name without having to do it one at a time for each report. Any suggestions that would help are greatly apprecitated.thanks!

If the data source is written in each report, then you need to change it in each report. This is why things like connection strings are typically kept in one place, where anything that needs to use it will read that string instead of writing the same thing in every file.

If the data source is written in each report, then you need to change it in each report. This is why things like connection strings are typically kept in one place, where anything that needs to use it will read that string instead of writing the same thing in every file.
update...I was able to change the data source/connection string so that all of the reports now point to the new server. Thankfully, I didn't have to make the change individually as there were alot of reports.Thanks!

Archived