Opinions and Recommendations

bshreff

I am currently working on a wedding website for a buddy of mine that is getting married. I wrote the whole thing in PHP and mySQL. I created my own user management system and all the pages are dynamically responsive to the user experience (I'm really excited about that). It also has a backend admin section for creating new events for the schedule and RSVP codes which I've never done before.Anyways, as you may be able to tell, I am much more function oriented than form, so my sites typically look ugly till I have a friend do the CSS for me. I'm trying to do this one on my own though. Just wanted to see what everyone on here thought of it.Here's the site: http://bettingpools.info/allenandrachelle (obviously it needs to be put on its own domain, I'm just using one I already own for now while I get it all set up).Thanks for any critiques!

Very simplistic... but I couldn't do much better myself... I'm a bad designer too :) .How about a gradient in the main page itself? Some kind of a border on the right of the menu would be nice.I find it odd that there are these squares, and yet they are not clickable...Any hover effect on the links would come great.

Very simplistic... but I couldn't do much better myself... I'm a bad designer too :) .How about a gradient in the main page itself? Some kind of a border on the right of the menu would be nice.I find it odd that there are these squares, and yet they are not clickable...Any hover effect on the links would come great.
Do you mean the boxes in the nav area? Those are the bullets for the ul . Is there a way to make those clickable? I'll look into a decent hover effect.Thanks!

you've got some interesting things to say about the groom :) :)other than that, most of comments would echo what boen_robot said earlier.

you've got some interesting things to say about the groom :) :)other than that, most of comments would echo what boen_robot said earlier.
LOL!! I forgot I had that up still. It was a little joke for the bride.To not offend anyone, I removed that part. Sorry for those that are curious.

Do you mean the boxes in the nav area? Those are the bullets for the ul . Is there a way to make those clickable?
Other than with JavaScript, I don't know of any way... then again, you could also do without those bullets.

Archived