scopley

Saving Page Number as a Variable

I need to test the value of the last page number in a section. I have the fo:page-number-citation ref-id set and it is pulling the correct value, however I would like to save that value into a variable so that I can use it in xsl:if. Is there a way to save that into a variable?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xsl:if is XSLT, fo:page-number-citation is XSL-FO. As processing happens in two steps where first the XSLT processor processes the XSLT stylesheet and creates an XSL-FO document and then the FO processor creates PDF I don't think you have access to that value with XSLT.

Thanks so much for your response. I didn't think you could but thought I would give it a try. I'm try to create a different footer on the last page of a section IF the last page is odd. I've tried it with pagemasters but can only get it to work on page-postion first, it won't recognize page-position last.Oh Well back to the drawing board. Thanks again.