Add to faforites

rickyboy1982

ok I did this ages ago but cant for the life of me remember how :) Im sure its javascript I used to do it.All im after is a simple link that when clicked lets the user add the page to their favorites.I searched your tutorials but couldnt find the answer.Thanks in advance for any help.

Same answer. Here's the thing. If you can do something as a response to a user's click, then you can also do it without the user's permission. That's fine as long as the behavior is limited to your document and your server. But changing a user's browser settings of any kind goes beyond your rights as a page author. No one much minded this kind of stuff 15 years ago, but time has changed that.

But changing a user's browser settings of any kind goes beyond your rights as a page author. No one much minded this kind of stuff 15 years ago, but time has changed that.
No people changed that. It's all those greedy/malicious no-gooders (hackers) out there that mess stuff up all the time.

Ah, how could I forget spammers and advertisers.... :) But regardless, that still makes my point valid that people are the ones who ruined the internet. Not to mention the lawsuit happy jerks out there who will sue just because they spill hot coffee on their lap while driving... :):)

First, the link on Google's homepage doesn't work in all browsers. When I click that link in Opera, for example, it sends me to a page (in Chinese, no less), instructing how to set Opera's home page.Second, if you see a place where it's doing what you want, then check the code and see what it does.

Archived