Adding a search bar blows up my nav in IE6

mboehler3

Hi all,I have a website here: Visit My Website. I am trying to add a "site search" feature to the page, where users can search for terms on the website.I'd like to include the search box inside the green nav bar at the top, to the right of the drop-down links. In order to fit the search box on the same line, I've shortened some of the names of the links in the green nav. In the code, I've added the search bar right after the </ul> tag that closes the list I used to make the nav menu.Everything looks great in IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome. All look similar to this:ie7-nav-bar.gifHowever I'm having a problem with IE6, as it blows up the nav bar, looking like this:ie6-nav-bar.gifI'm a little confused as to why the nav bar is so tall, since I have a height set for #navmenu of 29px. Is there some hack I need to create for IE6? Any help you can offer is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi all,I have a website here: Visit My Website. I am trying to add a "site search" feature to the page, where users can search for terms on the website.I'd like to include the search box inside the green nav bar at the top, to the right of the drop-down links. In order to fit the search box on the same line, I've shortened some of the names of the links in the green nav. In the code, I've added the search bar right after the </ul> tag that closes the list I used to make the nav menu.Everything looks great in IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome. All look similar to this:ie7-nav-bar.gifHowever I'm having a problem with IE6, as it blows up the nav bar, looking like this:ie6-nav-bar.gifI'm a little confused as to why the nav bar is so tall, since I have a height set for #navmenu of 29px. Is there some hack I need to create for IE6? Any help you can offer is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
It seems that IE6 gives padding and/or margin to the <form> tag... so setting style="padding:0;margin:0" allowed the green nav menu to not "blow up"... thanks for checking here!

Archived