Help to NOT make the text content scroll out of place?

cassiopeiaart

VERY new to html and css and have designed a very simple webpage. However i got a problem with the display that i can't seem to find the right answer for. The problem is:I've got a background image, centered and fixed on the page, with 3 link buttons fixed on top with 87px margin from the top and in the center(to fit into the background design) Beneath the buttons a text with margins and padding is located in the center as well. It all looks centered and "sticks" to the background when the window is resized and moved, all fitting perfectly into the design of the background image. BUT when the window gets smaller then the text content it wants to display, a scroll bar appears to the right and when scrolling only the buttons and text scrolls, not the background. Therefore an overlap of the text and buttons occurs over the background image making the whole page look terrible and the objects (buttons and text) is out of place. I dont want this scroll to occur at all, or if it has to occur i want it to stay put 87px from the top and scroll with that "fixed roof".So...How can I make either the background "attached" to the text content so they move together? or...How can i make the buttons and text content NOT scroll upwards but stay where they are even when the browser window is smaller than the content?Can anybody help?Thanks in advance,Cathrine

Have you tried using the function "Position:absolute;" in your code for each item? For example:{position:absolute;margin-top: 200px;margin-left: 150px;}This may help to "pin" the items in place relative to the top left regardless of screen size.

• 4 weeks later...