New guy, I need some help please.

Hybrid

Hey everyone,I am a new person here in W3schools forums. I have been using the site for s while going through my HTML knowledge only, that was the only web language I know of. I have finished it but then I noticed some stuff about HTML 4.01 and XHTML or CSS. My question is what shoudl I be learning next, since I did not really see a tutorial for HTML 4.01 or is that the advanced part in HTML tutorial. So please if you good give an ordered list or advice what language I should learn first, second, third and so on!Thanks a lot!

HTML 4.01 is the latest version of HTML (still very old) XHTML has taken over. You can still write HTML webpages but W3C (not W3Schools) recommends moving to XHTML as it will eventually replace HTML.XHTML is just stricter version HTML. You must follow the rules to the letter. This helps standardize the internet and make things easier for developers.I would read up on XHTML which shouldn't be too tough for you since you know HTML. Then learn CSS and a bit of JavaScript.After that you can start looking into server side programming languages like ASP and PHP if you want.

The HTML tutorial on W3Schools is based on HTML 4.01, so this means you already know it. Move to XHTML and CSS now. Most of the advanced part in the HTML tutorial doesn't contain anything useful.

The HTML tutorial on W3Schools is based on HTML 4.01, so this means you already know it. Move to XHTML and CSS now. Most of the advanced part in the HTML tutorial doesn't contain anything useful.

Thank you bothe for your freplies and that is great to know that I already studied html 4.01. Well I am going to study XHTML and css and then probably Javascripting afterwards. Thanks again!

Sad, but true. The only parts I consider useful in that part are these links:http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_whyusehtml4.asp <-- Points to XHTMLhttp://www.w3schools.com/html/html_styles.asp <-- Points to CSShttp://www.w3schools.com/html/html_summary.asp <-- Points to bothThe other parts, about table layouts (which is strictly speaking heresy, for lack of better word), fonts, etc. are mostly useless. Some parts, like html events and scripts, you learn more thoroughly in the javascript section. Javascript is a cool and handy script, but not directly necessary to know in HTML the same way XHTML and CSS are.