codyhp

XHTML or CSS?

Hello everyone I was wondering what I should learn next XHTML or CSS? I know quite a bit about HTML and will continue to study it as I go. Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree. If you already make your HTML pages well-formed, then changing to xhtml should only take a small amount of work. So you should learn xtml then css.

I would say css but only because I hate xhtml.

:)Blasphemy! :)

Hello everyone I was wondering what I should learn next XHTML or CSS? I know quite a bit about HTML and will continue to study it as I go. Thanks for the suggestions.

They kinda go hand in hand, so i'd learn both at the same time.Or if you really can't do that, CSS first.

They kinda go hand in hand, so i'd learn both at the same time.Or if you really can't do that, CSS first.
Naive Amoeba is write "hit two birds with one stone"

Ok thanks everyone for the advice. I decided I should go with XHTML and then CSS.
Sound's like a plan. HTML and XHTML are close enough to make that transition easy. I recently made the transition to table-less layout . Its been an adventure :)

Good luck. I think it says that XHTML is actually going to replace HTML in the next couple of versions, so I better get moving too!CSS is a pretty simple lagnuage to learn, but using it to it's extent and matching it to your site can be the hard part.

If you learn CSS, you can utilize it in your current HTML pages and also XHTML as you learn it at some future point in time. XHTML isn't difficult once you have an understanding of HTML.

If you learn CSS, you can utilize it in your current HTML pages and also XHTML as you learn it at some future point in time. XHTML isn't difficult once you have an understanding of HTML.
Yeah, true. XHTML is hardly a new language, it's just remembering to put alt="" title="" etc