battling to retrieve attribute values via php

Greywacke

hi there,i'm retrieving a list of attributes from a database in php, and i need to get the attribute values of 3 specific attributes.here follows the code:

$attr = split("<br />",$row1["text_LeadAttributes"]);$req = "";$mak = "";$stl = "";foreach ($attr as $value) {	$val = split($value," = ");	if (stristr($val[0],"product")) { $req = trim($val[1]); }	elseif (stristr($val[0],"make_model")) { $mak = trim($val[1]); }	elseif (stristr($val[0],"style")) { $stl = trim($val[1]); }}if (strlen($req)==0) { $req = $mak." ".$stl; }// print make / style attribute valueecho "		<makestyle>" . xmlentities($req) . "</makestyle>\n";

as is, this code prints the following as <makestyle> value:

<makestyle> </makestyle>

now the leads are entered into the database from two sources, one has products_description as the combined make / style, or the other vehicle_make_model and canopy_style attributes. the lead attribute values retrieved from the database are formatted like follows from the second source:

canopy_req = pre-owned_white<br />canopy_style = low_or_highline_standard<br />budget = R4,000 to R5,000<br />fitment = within_3_months<br />vehicle_status = possession_yes<br />vehicle_make_model = Isuzu - DCAB<br />year_model = 2003
and formatted as follows from the first source:
products_description = GWM LWB Canopy - Half Door<br />Bakkie model = 2007 - current model<br />Requirement = Pre-owned - White<br />Colour code = White Non-coded (standard)<br />Budget = R3,000 to R4,000<br />Fitment = ASAP
there are no errors, however - these values do not print. the records exist in the database, and theoretically i should be able to retrieve the attribute values.perhaps i need to split by any html tag using regular expressions in php?i am afraid i do not understand why this would not be working as expected.any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated! :)

Shouldn't $val = split($value," = "); actually be $val = split(" = ",$value);?It's helpful if you have error reporting on to see what error and warnings you get.

ah thanks RahXephon for noticing that :)i guess it's late, i'm tired - guess my focus of intention is a little faded atm... :)

Archived