java/javascript app help

2kanman

hi everyonesorry if I posted this in the wrong board because I really don't know which language I should do this in.Okay, well I want to make a webpage where there is a little application type thing where the user draws a picture of whatever they want and then when they hit submit, the app sends the picture they drew to a database and it gets displayed in a library. Unfortunately I have no clue about either since it's not something I would normally do when I'm scripting. Could somebody please provide a tutorial for how to do this? I'm pretty much fluent in HTML(obviously) and PHP, I know a bit of javascript and vbscript.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks, Tom

seeing as you are 'obviously' fluent in HTML you'll probably know that you can't do what you are asking with solely HTML, you'll have a hard time with PHP, VBscript or JS too. Try Flash

you may be able to do it with javascript, wherein you give an onMouseDown event to a "canvas" div and it "turns on" certain pixels within that div? Essentially just turning white/off pixels into black/on pixels? And then save the coordinates of those "on" and "off" pixels so it can be recreated in your library using a server side script or something like that. not to nitpick, but how would we (obviously) know that you are fluent in HTML?

Archived