Registration free day

boen_robot

Me and the rest of the moderators decided to let everyone register without any kind of checks for this one day.This of course may include the potential of some spammers going in, but it's just one day after all... how bad can it get?Besides, we've seen reports that spammers on the internet are starting to ignore forums in favor of Facebook and other social media sites (link), so it's worth to try this out, and see if the report is accurate.

hah...nice try.I also heard IE9 will be released today and be fully standards compliant and faster than Chrome and FF combined! oh yeah, Netscape is coming back too. Although it will still be the old version it was at when it died.

better yet, the new version of Dreamweaver of will create standards-compliant, fully validating code. without tables!

It's worse than that. Bill Gates is petitioning Congress to change the name of Washington State to MS Washington State 1.0 (the capital to be moved to Redmond, of course).

better yet, the new version of Dreamweaver of will create standards-compliant, fully validating code. without tables!
Actually, the latest versions of Dreamwaver can indeed create such code... if you let it. Sure, it will use style attributes and will overabuse classes and such, but it will be validating standards compliant code without tables... so what you say is kind of true.
Since when was google renamed Topeka is it an April Fools Joke?
Yep. It's the latest one from this year, along with "Topeka" showing result times in different units than seconds (e.g. e0.0** epochs).

i think its more or less Global, but i know Germany and Spain both have their traditional 'fools' days at other times of the year, i think Spains is in December?
December 28th here.

Actually, the latest versions of Dreamwaver can indeed create such code... if you let it. Sure, it will use style attributes and will overabuse classes and such, but it will be validating standards compliant code without tables... so what you say is kind of true.
So if IE9 finally behaves like how a normal browser is supposed to, what does that leave us for next April Fool's day? :)I guess there's always template driven pre-made websites.... :sigh:

So if IE9 finally behaves like how a normal browser is supposed to, what does that leave us for next April Fool's day? :)I guess there's always template driven pre-made websites.... :sigh:
Well, sitepoint made a joke this year about IE using a new engine in IE10, which I must say was a good one... They had me right before they said it's not included because it beats other engines by a wide margin.I guess in the future, we'd be able to joke about that. Also, I remember a CSS3.info joke, two years ago, that said the next IE version will also include special CSS selectors and properties related to Silverlight... considering Microsoft's reputation about creating proprietary features, joking about any potential stuff they may add is going to be scary and funny at the same time... and I must say CSS3.info completely had me on that joke... it wasn't before I read the comments that I realized it was a joke, and even then, I started to look at Microsoft's sites to see if Microsoft made the joke (in an attempt to "test" such an idea), or if the CSS3.info thought it up themselves (which shortly after turned out to be the case).There's always the joke of IE and/or Windows going Open source, but then again, no one will buy that. Having Server editions of Windows be cheaper than home editions is a more believable one.

Well, sitepoint made a joke this year about IE using a new engine in IE10, which I must say was a good one... They had me right before they said it's not included because it beats other engines by a wide margin.
Right. Lynx is actually a text-based browser, it doesn't even support images, so, yeah:
Microsoft has an obligation to business customers and a number of IE’s popular innovations are missing from the Lynx engine. We will therefore implement essential functionality such as the blink and marquee tags at the earliest opportunity.

Archived