View My Posts

RobberBaron

When I come onto the website and want to see if someone has replied to my posts, all I can do is scroll through new posts - and the search bar doesn't return much anyway. Could you add a 'View My Posts Link'.I guess it would be simple SQL and PHP:

<?phpEcho('<table border="1" class="posts">');$sql=mysql_query('SELECT * FROM w3_posts WHERE username = \''.$_COOKIE['w3user'].'\'');while($info=mysql_fetch_array($sql)){	Echo('<tr><td><a href="viewpost.php?p='.$info['ID'].'">'.$info['title'].'</td>');}Echo('</table>');?>

Something like that. Anyway, this would be really useful.

We aren't the creators of this forum board, and neither is W3Schools' staff. It's Invision Power. Only they can add/edit/remove features from their software. They have an admin panel where we, as their users, could potentially enable or disable certain features.With that aside, I think such a thing would be nice indeed. I'll see if we can do anything about this, but I'm not promising anything.

We aren't the creators of this forum board, and neither is W3Schools' staff. It's Invision Power. Only they can add/edit/remove features from their software. They have an admin panel where we, as their users, could potentially enable or disable certain features.With that aside, I think such a thing would be nice indeed. I'll see if we can do anything about this, but I'm not promising anything.
Oh, sorry, are people at this board not actually W3Schools staff?But what you could do is make a scene split on the homepage, for example:
If ($_GET['act']='viewmyposts') {   //do stuff}

Just an idea?

this board has nothing to do with the W3C, and the board itself is independent of all of that. The moderators are volunteers chosen by those who run the W3Schools site to help monitor the activities of users on this board. Or something like that.

FWIW, you can actually view your recently posted topics and posts in your profile. It only displays the original post in a topic but at least you can easily find the topic.
That's true, but even that view actually only shows your latest N topics/posts, not all of them. To view all of them currently, you'd have to enter the advanced search, and search all posts/topics made from a certain exact username, and type your username.BTW,
this board has nothing to do with the W3C, and the board itself is independent of all of that.
I think you know better that W3C != W3Schools.

When I click my own name, and select "Find Member's Posts," I get 164 pages of posts. Also, when you post a new topic, you can checkbox "Enable email notification of replies." I think a lot of people do that, because I'll sometimes respond to a thread that's been idle for a while, and the OP replies almost immediately.

When I click my own name, and select "Find Member's Posts," I get 164 pages of posts. Also, when you post a new topic, you can checkbox "Enable email notification of replies." I think a lot of people do that, because I'll sometimes respond to a thread that's been idle for a while, and the OP replies almost immediately.
Damn... I had forgotten about this feature... it's new in this version of IPB, and I still haven't gotten used to all of the "nifty" features... I've always preffered going to my profile, and see my posts from there, but it's THAT view that is limited in this version, in favor of this new link.

Archived