ADO ODBC .mdb connection

rogerio

I have tried everything under the sun and still cannot connect to Northwind.mdb. I used W3 (http://www.w3schools.com/ado/ado_connect.asp) and set up ODBC with Northwind as the DNS, etc. I took ownership of the database. I am running Win7 64 bit and IE8. I get this error: An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.Here is the .asp code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"conn.Open "G:/inetpub/wwwroot/Northwind.mdb"response.write(conn.State) <!-- Never returns anything -->conn.close%><html>	<head>		<title>Untitled HTML Document</title>	</head>	<body>	</body></html>

Thanks...

Got this error: ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed./opendb.asp, line 13 What is on line 13: conn.Open "G:/inetpub/wwwroot/Northwind.mdb"Tried downloading MDAC 2.8 and suggestions on this site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894435Still get the same error. Now, I have seen discussions about compiling in 32 bit mode and I cannot find any information on how this is accomplished. Please keep in mind I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with limited abilities.Thanks,

Tried you last suggestion and still fails. It looks like Jet is causing the issue, but can't prove it. Have ran across something different:If I run this script, it succeeds: cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1 to swap to 32 bitor cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0 to swap to 64 bitI get:ErrNumber: -2147221020 (0x800401E4)Error Trying To Get the Object: W3SVC/AppPoolsThis runs without any problem: %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

I don't know what it is, I have been grabbing any straw that I can find. I was trying to find out if I am trying to compile under 32 bit or 64 bit. I know that a 64 bit MDAC does not exist, so I have to run the connection under 32 bit and I can't find the answer.

IIS7 and IIS7.5 definitely still have a way to connect to an MDB file. It looks like Jet has been deprecated, so I would suggest an alternate provider. That connection strings site points out a couple ways using OLE DB, and Jet itself was superseded by MSDE. Vista calls it Windows DAC instead of MDAC, Windows 7 probably does also. It looks like MDAC has supported a 64-bit platform since 2001 (MDAC 2.7).

Archived