My Portfolio Redesign

knystrom18

doesn't seem as stylish as the original one. No color, unique link stylings, backgrounds, etc. Seems a little bare bones, unless that is the desired effect. I can see more of it in your portfolio projects, but not so much in your new site.

I'm trying to go "clean." I wanted to step away from the dark theme, and go white, but everything is darker than white, so I'm stuck with what colors to use.:) I wanted to have an id="current" thing going on for the nav links, and style the current one differently, but it's being called through a php include. I remember there was a thread on that here somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.Thanks, I'm thinking of ways to style it up, but white is such a bland color...

• 2 weeks later...

Well for one thing, your contact form doesn't seem to be working in either of your sites. 404 Error. It's actually really funny because a normal visitor would be unable to contact you about the problem.

Thanks for telling me. I don't know why they're not working, but it's fine with me at the moment. I didn't want to talk to anyone anyways. :)And welcome to the forum!

You're almost there, why not replace the remaining presentational attributes with CSS?

align, primarily. The target attribute, while not presentational, is also deprecated.

• 3 weeks later...

CSS can't replace the target attribute, but you are not supposed to specify targets at all - instead, you should let the end user decide.

Archived