How do I practice W3Schools HTML with Mac OSX?

ScottM

Hello Forum :) When I had a pc, practicing html was a simple matter of opening up notepad, typing in code, saving the file as an html file to my hard drive, and opening it in my browser. Now, however, I have a Macintosh Powerbook G4 with the Mac OSX (Jaguar) operating system. I also have Microsoft Word via Microsoft Office for the Mac. If it helps to know, the two browsers I use are Safari and FirefoxMy question is, with the browsers I have, how can I practice html using MacOSX and/or Microsoft Word?Thanks :)Scott M.

You should still be able to use notepad or any other text editor (Word, Wordpad, ...). There is a topic that mentions free text editors to download. I would recommend getting IE for testing purposes. I have no idea if it works on a MAC. I'm not a MAC guy.

Mac has IE up to version 5 although I think it is still a bit different form the Windows IE.You may have difficultly checking for IE6 but Safari and FF are a good start. You should be able to download Opera for mac, i think.

I just remembered there is an extension for FF to add an IE tab, which works in the IE environment not FF. That would probably work.

Here is a list of various html editors that people have tried and liked. There's a big chance you'll find one you like, that's better than the old notepad, for example with syntax coloring.