Fix for odd IE 6/7 cloneNode() behaviour?

Scribe

Hi guys,A pretty annoying issue I'm having here in IE 6 and 7 only. Was wondering if anyone has any fix suggestions?

var editTableHead = resultTable.tHead.cloneNode( true );				  alert( resultTable.tHead.rows[0].cells.length );									alert( editTableHead.rows[0].cells.length );

Simply enough, although cloneNode() is working and the innerHTML has been copied, the rows[] array seems to have not been copied and the second alert throws a null object error.Any ideas how I can correctly clone a tHead object to preserve the rows[] array?Many thanks

FWIW, tables often create unexpected problems.For example, the HTML for a table may not explicitly create a <tbody> element. But a browser might add a <tbody> to the DOM anyway. Knowing this can help you understand problems that might come up with parent-child relationships. (Solution: explicitly add a <tbody> element to your HTML.)Then there is the whole matter of using innerHTML to manipulate tables. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Solution: only use it to add content to a <td> element. For the rest, use methods like addRow().I'm sure there are others. The lesson is not to take things for granted. (select elements are likewise problematic.)

Archived