Same paradigm, Different context

Illasera

Hey all,Here is my question:I have a website with constant design that doesn`t change,The only thing that changes is the context(text,images) when i press a link.I have a main frame where all the context is drawn, Now since the website design isn`t changing, only the main frame text&images when i press a link,Is there a way i can only load text and images into the main frame without refrashing the entire website?Right now every html file contain the entire web design and the current page context.I want to have 1 html page that has the entire design in it, And many small html pages with only the subtext and images to be drawn into the main frame.

You are thinking of server-side inclusion, which can be implemented for example using PHP's include() function. More complete pre-existing functionality can be found in Content Management Systems.

You are thinking of server-side inclusion, which can be implemented for example using PHP's include() function. More complete pre-existing functionality can be found in Content Management Systems.
First of all, Thank you :)Second, CMS seems a bit complex for my "Simple" Website and am trying to avoid php (for a reason of course).Is there another way? If not i guess i`ll have to do with what i have...

Well, you can either create your own solution, or use a pre-existing one (i.e. a CMS). You are right, a CMS has to cover many possibilities, and will be more bulky than a bespoke solution. Nevertheless, there are some "lightweight" options available, like http://www.cushycms.com/.Why are you avoiding the use of a server-side language?

Well, you can either create your own solution, or use a pre-existing one (i.e. a CMS). You are right, a CMS has to cover many possibilities, and will be more bulky than a bespoke solution. Nevertheless, there are some "lightweight" options available, like http://www.cushycms.com/.Why are you avoiding the use of a server-side language?
I am trying to less relay on the server and more on the client, But thanks anyway, Ill manage something up.A quick question though, Many websites have the same design for all pages and only the context changes (Wikipedia for example).And i don`t recall seen any website that actually use the mathod i mentioned above, May i ask if anyone know why?

Which method do you mention? They (Wikipedia et. al.) all use the server to dynamically construct pages.P.S. All (notable) sites use server-side scripting to some extent.

Archived