MSG : Session Expires

raviprakashg

Dear Friends,Iam Using Win XP SP2 and FireWall is ZoneAlarm Pro the problem is iam not able to Browes the file form other system which is LAN and i got the error session expires even i login first time, iam facing this problem for past 2 months and i can'nt able to solve itit will very very thankfull to u, if u know the answer for iturs raviprakash

YES, my page with Login is loaded and aslo give the msg for wrong username and password. if i give corret username and passsword then i facing the session problemi also tried with shutingdown the ZoneAlarm Pro and cheked the privacy setting in IE (Advance Setting),i can work the page with same system where the project files are, but i can able to play the same in another with the both systems are networked, the both system are with Xp SP2 and the users with admin statusNB: The problem iam facing after loding winXP SP2

Well if you started having this problem after installing SP2 then uninstalling your software and doing a reinstall may fix the problem.My system crashed when I installed SP2, I had to do a fresh install of XP to get everything running smoothly again.

Does it just not register the session? Like when you redirect to a page the session disapears? I had exactly the same roblem. It was due to 2 things. 1) My Global ASA script acidentely closed the session 2) I needed to view it via oemcomputer not localhost.I think oemcomputer is my computers name. I have windows 98SE...yes I know i need to upgrade :) and in PWS it shows me:Your Homepage is avaliable at:http://oemcomputerThis might be different for you but if your using PWS as soon as u open and start the service it will show. As for IIS...I cant help you :s Mbaye if you go: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network > (TAB called) Identification: in the input field marked computername should be the name you need to use instead of localhostI hope this long and involved post helps :) If not contact me via PM and ill give you my MSN email.

thanks for Rply,But another machine with the same setup gives no problem, iam totally :)

This can happen! When you first installl SP2 it can either go 100% smooth without a problem or it can crash your whole system and every other possiblity in between. That's why the other system, even though it is the same, can be running it fine when yours won't.It depends on what software you have installed before installing SP2. A messy registry can also cause many problems.It may have caused problems that weren't apparent...until now, affecting your IIS.I recoomend uninstalling IIS (and ASP.Net if you are using it) and re-installing it. It will only take 20-30 minutes (or less) and you can backup your websites so you don't lose anything.