ignore css? Solved

Illasera

It seems that my css file is only being linked(working) in IE(Internet explorer).Safari, Chrome, Firefox = no show (the website doesn`t get effected by the css like it doesn`t exist (Note this is not a file path issue i am quite sure))Both (x)html and css files are perfectly valid in strict mode, What can cause this problem?html code (file) :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><title>bla bla bla</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="design2.css" /></head><body><table class="full_table_style"><tr><td valign="top"><p><strong>#test1<br /></strong></p></td><td valign="top" class="link_table_style link_table" style="direction:rtl; text-align:right;"><div style="overflow:auto; height:355px;><p style="line-height:1.15em;"><strong style="margin-left:5px;">bla bla</strong><br /><span style="margin-left:30px;"><a href="falselink">bla bla</a></span><br /></p></div></td></tr></table></body></html>

CSS Code (file)

body{	margin:0px auto;	background-color:#ffffff;}.full_table_style{	border:5px solid black;	width:1024px;	height:100%;}.link_table_style{	background-color:#423F3F;	width:20%;	height:100%;}.desc_table_style{	width:80%;	height:100%;}.catagory_link_table{	color:#ffffff;	font-size:12px;	font-weight:bold;	font-family:"arial";}.link_table{	color:#ffffff;	font-size:12px;	font-weight:normal;	font-family:"arial";}.link_table a:link{	color:#ffffff;	text-decoration:none;}.link_table a:visited{	color:#ffffff;	text-decoration:none;}.link_table a:hover{	color:#BAA258;	text-decoration:underline;}.link_table a:active{	color:#BAA258;	text-decoration:underline;}

Thanks in advance.

Well, I noticed you're missing a quote mark on this line:<div style="overflow:auto; height:355px;>That could be throwing things off.Just to be sure it's not a file path issue, which I don't think it is either since it works in IE. Is the css file in the same folder as the html document?

Well, I noticed you're missing a quote mark on this line:<div style="overflow:auto; height:355px;>That could be throwing things off.Just to be sure it's not a file path issue, which I don't think it is either since it works in IE. Is the css file in the same folder as the html document?
Yep, Also i have a server storage where i upload the css and html file,in my example i wrote design2.css but its actuallywww.blabla.com/design2.css in the real code and thats where the real file is located, So not a filepath issue.But thanks X1 for the advice.p.s <div style="overflow:auto; height:355px;> // I had a sequel for that but i removed so i could post the real code<div style="overflow:auto; height:355px; ... > = <div style="overflow:auto; height:355px; scrollbar-arrow-color: #E1C171; scrollbar-base-color: #423F3F; scrollbar-face-color: #423F3F; scrollbar-highlight-color:#423F3F; scrollbar-shadow-color: #423F3F; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-track-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #FFFFFF;" >That`s why i had no quote sign there :) i misedit it :)

Ok well I'm out of ideas. :) Hopefully one the experts *shoots a glance at DD* can help you.Anyway, why don't you give that div an id and then call out it's styles in the stylesheet using an id selector. You've got an aweful mess of inline style there. :) <div id='scrollbarDiv'>

#scrollbarDiv {	 overflow:auto;	 height:355px;	 scrollbar-arrow-color: #E1C171;	 ...}

Ok well I'm out of ideas. :) Hopefully one the experts *shoots a glance at DD* can help you.Anyway, why don't you give that div an id and then call out it's styles in the stylesheet using an id selector. You've got an aweful mess of inline style there. :) <div id='scrollbarDiv'>
#scrollbarDiv {	 overflow:auto;	 height:355px;	 scrollbar-arrow-color: #E1C171;	 ...}

Done that, Thank you :)Maybe you see nothing is wrong with my code, but know a little lesson about pc`s & electronics, Bugs are out fault, not some random error.So what am trying to say is, Can you give me the reasons that can cause the css by default not to be applied to the html (ignore my code).

Found the problem, It was my fault for not mentioning it,Am writing in unicode (Asian language) and the html file is probably not encoded right...in my code here i edited everything to English language... and in ascii (non-encoded) it work`s perfectly like mentioned before.Solved - For these who don`t use editor and just using simple plain notepad, If using non-ascii language(english), save as utf-8 and not unicode/bigPlease correct me if i am wrong.Thanks in advance.

Archived