Weird Markup

ShadowMage

My company just had our website redone and it was contracted out. I'm trying to track down an error in it (which I'm not having a whole lot of luck with) but that's not what this is about. In doing that, I came across some weird markup in what appears to be normal HTML. The file has a .tpl extension which I don't recognize. Maybe you guys can explain what this is:

{if $category == 'About Us'} // <-- This is the code in question	<li><a href="about/"{if $title == 'Company Background'}class="on"{/if}>Company Background</a></li>	<li><a href="about/reasons.php"{if $title == 'Reasons to Specify Major'}class="on"{/if}>Reasons to Specify Major</a></li>	<li><a href="about/testimonials.php"{if $title == 'Customer Testimonials'}class="on"{/if}>Customer Testimonials</a></li>	<li><a href="about/continuinged.php"{if $title == 'Continuing Education'}class="on"{/if}>Continuing Education</a></li>	<li><a href="about/tradeshows.php"{if $title == 'Tradeshows'}class="on"{/if}>Tradeshows</a></li>{/if}

.tpl - template file, used by several applications (e.g. phpBB) for their templating systems.

.tpl - template file, used by several applications (e.g. phpBB) for their templating systems.
The file has this comment at the top:<!-- phpdigInclude -->So would that most likely be the application then? Does anyone recognize that application? What is it used for?

some quick Google searching seems to point to .tpl be a file extension associated with templates. Not really sure how it works though. Perhaps that's how they made your site? It looks like they're using something to set the active state of your navigation through conditionals, somehow. Maybe its like Wordpress, or something like that? Tbh, I've never really looked into Wordpress, so I could be way off. I'm just aware that its some sort of CMS type template webpage maker.edit: looks like everybody beat me to it during my conference meeting. The joys of being afk keyboard on a forum, and coming back to find out everyone's already answered the question before you could, making me look like a copycat, lol.

I also read on the internet that those live forever sharks also have a tendancy to grow upto 70 feet in length, eat entire ships for breakfast, and are eligible to enter University Challenge on TV without any formal qualifications...

I thought it was a certain kind jellyfish that could live forever? Or maybe both! :)edit: wait, maybe it was a shark. um, anyway... how about that McAfee software, eh?

What about the Galapagos tortoise? Or trees, all kinds. Trees never die of old age.

um, anyway... how about that McAfee software, eh?
McAfee's boring. It actually works like it's supposed to. You want something to talk about then let's talk about Norton. That thing is nothing but a huge virus itself!

What about the Galapagos tortoise? Or trees, all kinds. Trees never die of old age.McAfee's boring. It actually works like it's supposed to. You want something to talk about then let's talk about Norton. That thing is nothing but a huge virus itself!
not if you count shutting down a computer because you think a system file is a virus. I'm just glad I'm a safe web surfer, so I don't have to use them. And having a Mac helps.but really, who doesn't love the Galapogos, or trees, or the air, or weird fishees? It is Earth Day afterall. :)

What about the Galapagos tortoise? Or trees, all kinds. Trees never die of old age.
They certainly die from chainsaws, or flame throwers, or C4, or tanks, or a hamster that has a really mean attitude.
not if you count shutting down a computer because you think a system file is a virus. I'm just glad I'm a safe web surfer, so I don't have to use them. And having a Mac helps.
No anti-virus here either, running Linux :)
but really, who doesn't love the Galapogos, or trees, or the air, or weird fishees? It is Earth Day afterall. :)
Weird fish FTW :)

Archived