CSS pains

G1337

I'm having some trouble making a CSS drop down menu, wondering if any help can be offered, here's the code, tell me if you see a problem.

<html><heaD><title>Drop down menu?</title><style type="text/CSS">a { text-decoration: none; }ul.menu, ul.menu, ul {width: 60px;border: 2.5px double blue;background-color: black;margin-left: 5px;}ul.menu li {list-style-type: none;margin: 0;position: relative;color: red;}ul.menu li > ul {display: none;position: absolute;top: 3px;left: 50px;}ul.menu ul.CSStoShow {display: none;}ul.menu li:hover > ul {display: block;}ul.menu li a { color: red; display: block; width: 100% text-decoration: none; }ul.menu li a:hover, ul.menu li a.CSStoHighLink { color: blue; }ul.menu li:hover > a {color: blue; }</style></head><body><ul class="menu"><li>Menu</li><ul><li><a href="http://Google.com">Sub</a></li><li>Menu</li><li>Here</li></ul></ul></li>

This one's getting to me. :)

Hey,Do you have to do this in the CSS code because i can help you with the same effect, but using JavaScript to activate the hide/show of the second menu.DiNo

Guest mvnbh

In javascript you can do it very easily.1) Add this part in the scriptfunction show(varname){ if (varname == 1) { document.getElementById('divlayer').style.display=''; document.getElementById('divlayer').style.visibility = 'visible'; }}in your 2nddrop downadd < ...... id='divlayer' style="display: none; visibility: hidden">in your firstdropdown add <..... onmouseover="java script: show('divlayer')"...>- What this does is initially sets the 2nddropdown value as hidden and mouseover the firstone the second one is active. Hope this helps