Mac and PC compatibility

cecilia

Hi everyone!I was wondering if someone knows where I can find information about how to design an effective site that can works and being watched in both mac´s and pc´s plattform without differences of any kind.I mean, what do I have to have in mind at the time to i.e. type a CSS file, with all the styles of my page and that I want to watch them fine at both plattforms.Thanks to you all!

testing testing and testing. there is no real straight froward way to answer your question. each browser has their own little quirks on each operating system platform. Each operating platform browser versions can also have subtle differences.The cleanest design that is HTML compliant will be your safest bet. Not too many tables and not completely reliant on CSS will typically give you the most compatible look and feel. Not to say it can't be done exclusively in CSS or even HTML for that matter - but a combination of both would give you the result you are looking for.Here is a site I recently built that took some platform and browser specific tweaks to get a uniform look and feel - http://www.pedialink.org