Javascript variable in php

suzie

Dear Friends,I have a div, and under this Div I want to place a footer, and the Div height differ from article to article...so am using this JS function to get the Height of a DIV:<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> function getDivHeight() { height = document.getElementById("body-internal-sub").offsetHeight; } </script>from PHP, I called the functionecho "<script> getDivHeight();</script>";till now everything goes wellbut How can I access the "height" (JS variable) in PHP to do my "If ELSE Statement"..any Help please

PHP and JavaScript are two entirely different things. PHP is run on the server first, and JavaScript runs on the client second. That means that any JavaScript you have in your page is just plain text when it's in still in PHP on the server. Which means that the two cannot communicate (except through the use of AJAX, but that won't help you with your situation :) ). PHP also has no knowledge of how big or small any elements will be or what they will look like or anything.You might be able to find a CSS solution to your problem if you Google 'sticky footers'

thanks for your reply Killboy,my if else statement would be like,for example if Height < 800 {to put this inline after the frame}else{put another inline}to know how much I need space to locate the footerthank a lot

You can't do that with PHP. You could maybe work something out with JavaScript in the onload event where you calculate the height of the div and then move your footer accordingly.Besides what you describe sounds like the normal flow of elements. If you have a div containing an article then just code in another div for your footer after it the footer will always be at the bottom of the article.

<div id='article'>   <p>Article text in here.  No matter how much text you put in here the footer div below will always   be right after this div when its displayed.</p></div><div id='footer'>   <span>Footer text</span></div>

Archived