<a> escaping malformed URI reference

niccio

I have a site I'm working on with about 670 links. I'm getting about 670 errors stating "<a> escaping malformed URI reference" and I can't figure out how the reference is malformed. I'm guessing there was a problem with the first one and through a series of copy-and-paste it transferred to all of them. Here is an example of a few that are pulling the error:

<LI><A class=greybox title="Document Title" href="Structure/Damages/Fire">Fire Recalls By Year, Make, And Model</A> <LI><A class=greybox title="Document2 Title" href="http://somewhere on the web.doc">Link And Password To MOTOR Guides And Black Book</A> 

I'm not shooting for 100% error/warning free code, but I would like to not see several hundred warnings when I open the debugger!Any help would be appreciated!P.S. I use DebugBar

Lol, it's not a real site, our data systems department won't let us put the actual secure sites we use up on the web. I tried putting quotes around the class, but to no avail.... It did get me taking a closer look though....I made a complete noob mistake in not thoroughly checking all of the links I was provided. The majority of them were links like:http://www.mycompany.com/home web site/loading page.htmNotice the missing %20's?A quick cut and paste into a blank notebook document, find and replace to insert "tabs" in the right places, a cut and paste into Excel, find and replace all "space" with "%20", cut and paste back into the blank notebook, find and replace all "tabs" with nothing, and cut and paste back into the code file.Viola! No more errors or warnings for the entire page!Sorry to waste time, I guess the lesson here is that no matter how much you do this stuff, you always need to read everything!

Sometimes we think we see it because our minds eye tells us it is there. A fresh pair of eyes can sometimes point us in the direction we don't see.These guys are great!!dink

Archived