How to design on the website background?

Sensi420

Hello AllI want to add some design on my background image of my website.How do i do this when my site is allready up and running?I have a 3 collum website now and i want to add things to the outside of my collums.Do i take a screenshot from my website and measure the site and add the things on the background?Here is a link to a site using what i want http://www.grafpedia.com/Like the stars on the sides of the website,thats what i want to do.

Err, you just modify the website code to include the background and re-upload the files. Your site's dimensions should already be specified in the code, I don't see why you'd need to take a screenshot.

I do hope its this easy.My problem is my site is just 1 big module,if i should download my theme i would get 1 black screen with a header.This is because the modules make my front page,and they need to be enabled to see the actual page.So i don't know where the new graphic Will be on the page before i upload it and enable the modules.A example is: want a guy hanging outside of 1 of my blocks and hes going to touch the block.So i saw this tutorial about screen shoot page and measure the page in photoshop with the pixel measure to know where to place the graphic on my black page and then upload the black page as background with the added content on the right places.Please do correct my if this sounds stupid

You don't see the correct page when you download it because the pages aren't interpreted. So you have to edit the files, then upload and see whether it looks right, then edit it again if it doesn't. Or set up a testing server.Err, the screenshot idea does sound a bit stupid :) - for example, what if you changed some of your dimensions later on? Using measures divorced from how yours website actually works is never a good idea.

Im still confused,can you please point me in the direction of a tutorial?I have searched on google and the thing i found was that screen shoot guide at lyndas.Maybe im not using the right words what shall i search for to find what im looking for?I have a PHP/SQL test server

the background image is 1400x700, if you wish to amend within this area, download the image, make the changes, then upload to replace old.if you wish make change beyond the 700px height, its more complicated, as there is no container div to add a overlapping image that stretches 100% across screen width.so you will have to add one, just after opening body tag, and before body closing tag.<body><div id="outer" style="overflow: hidden;width: 100%; background:url(newimage.jpg) no-repeat center 900px;">.....blah, blah, blah.....</div></body>then create your design image, upload amend 'newimage.jpg' to the relative location of your new image and adjust 900px to where you want it positioned from top.

Archived