example script for IMAGE upload

arden

function getFtype($str) {	$i = strrpos($str,".");	if (!$i) { return ""; }	$l = strlen($str) - $i;	$ext = substr($str,$i+1,$l);	return $ext;

can any1 explain me this part?..

That function just attempts to determine the file's content-type using its extension.

That function just attempts to determine the file's content-type using its extension.
thanks synook..btw..can you help me with this code?..
<?phpdefine ("MAX_SIZE","100"); function getExtension($str) {	$i = strrpos($str,".");	if (!$i) { return ""; }	$l = strlen($str) - $i;	$ext = substr($str,$i+1,$l);	return $ext;}$errors=0;if(isset($_POST['Submit'])) {	$image=$_FILES['image']['name'];if ($image) {	$filename = stripslashes($_FILES['image']['name']);	$ftype = getExtension($filename);	$ftype = strtolower($ftype);if (($ftype != "jpg") && ($ftype != "jpeg") && ($ftype != "png") && ($ftype != "gif")) {	echo '<h1>Unknown extension!</h1>';	$errors=1;}else{$size=filesize($_FILES['image']['tmp_name']);if ($size > MAX_SIZE*1024){	echo '<h1>You have exceeded the size limit!</h1>';	$errors=1;}$image_name= time().'.'.$ftype; // IWANT TO CHANGE THIS IMAGE NAME, HOW?$newname="images/".$image_name;$copied = copy($_FILES['image']['tmp_name'], $newname);if (!$copied) {	echo '<h1>Copy unsuccessfull!</h1>';	$errors=1;}}}} if(isset($_POST['Submit']) && !$errors)  { 	echo "<h1>Image Uploaded!</h1>"; } ?><form name="newad" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"  action=""><br/><table> 	<tr><td><input type="file" name="image"></td></tr> 	<tr><td><input name="Submit" type="submit" value="Upload image"></td></tr> </table>	 </form>

I want to change the $image_name = time().'.'.$ftype;when i change it to $image_name = 'upload.'.'.$ftype;it OVERWRITES the first image that i uploaded.hope u get what i mean.thanks..

That's because the name never changes. You need to have some sort of unique identifier (e.g. the timestamp in the original code) so the filenames are always different.

Archived