concatenation with space

niche

Is there a more efficient way to concatenation with a space than: some text . " " . some text?Thanks

I don't think so, no. You could define a variable to make it easier:$s = ." ".;So it's fewer characters to type?Well, of course, you can do: "$data $more_data" and skip a couple of characters.

Please give and example of your suggestion.Thanks

I already gave an example of the second suggestion, which was to simply surround your entire expression, variables and all, in double quotes.Forget the first suggestion, it doesn't help - you still need to concatenate the variables, so it saves you almost no effort.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that.Thanks to chibineku!

Note that if you use single quotes, the strings will be represented literally - i.e. with dollar signs and no substitution of the variable for its value.

I don't mean to sound picky or sarcastic, but the technique chibineku describes is really PHP 101. Maybe you should get hold of a basic PHP reference? Programming PHP by Rasmus Lerdorf et al. is a good place to start. (Lerdorf invented PHP.) There may be other fundamentals you've missed that will make your life easier.

Archived