Revamping website

I was asked by the Biomedical Engineering Research Group to revamp their website, since the original creator has disappeared.It was created in Microsoft Expressions (apparently) and the HTML is somewhat messy.This is the original site:http://www.sun.ac.za/berg/And here is my (not nearly finished) reiteration and revival. (Home, About Us, Photo Gallery are the only ones that work. Photo Gallery Still needs lots of work, up for testing.)http://berg.diagnostix.co.za [EDIT]Updated to site's new location.It's currently piggybacking on my dad's one site, but it's easier this way since I have complete access to it.I wanted to completely re-do the format and layout, but the fact that it should look "professional" in a boring business sense is confounding my creativeness. Which means I'm keeping it the same. Any ideas? Critique?

look like it's coming along nicely, validates CSS and HTML (although I suppose you could go Strict if you really wanted to shape it up :)) other than that I liked the original design and it looks like you've managed to keep that intact while ironing out the kinks. Good work.

Thanks!How do I get it to comply with strict? I don't know the specifications. W3Schools?Progress: Home, About Us, Facilities (much better and faster), and the framework for Members and Gallery is done!

I'm still too much of a newb to give you advice and such, but one thing I noticed right off the bat was home page load speed. I clocked about a 5-6 sec load speed for old version. New version, less then 2 sec. That's a very nice change in my eyes :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just uploaded the entire site. The revamp is (almost) finished. Each page is working, even the millions of project pages. Not all the images are there due to me not wanting to download all of them and upload them again. The gallery is not finished, for the same reason as above. It works on the one page so it will work on the other.Overall I'm quite pleased with the revamp. I feel it flows much better that the old one with the gaps and UGLY background. I tried to keep a minimalistic view, and to keep the code clean and organized. I haven't verified the HTML and CSS yet, but I plan to do so soon. Now I am to present it to the Professor and hear what he has to say.

Archived