GROUP BY

Guest Xander

Hi I'm desperatly trying to get an GROUP BY statement work on a SQL callto an Access DB.I am making a menu on my site: www.graphic.no/def.aspWhen clicking on the top menu a sub menu is generated succesfullyin the left frame.When I click on the submenu I want anotger subtopic to emerge inside the submenu.This works fin except when I try to GROUP the subsub items.THIS WORKS:SELECT SubKategori, TutKategori, TutTittel FROM Tutorials WHERE SubKategori='Photoshop' AND Vis = 'True'BUT THIS:SELECT SubKategori, TutKategori, TutTittel FROM Tutorials WHERE SubKategori='Photoshop' AND Vis = 'True' GROUP BY TutKategoriMakes the server halt, and all I get is SERVICE UNAVAILABLEWHAT in the ***** am I doing wrong here ??Please advice

Hi Xander,What exactly are you trying to do with your query? What type of values contain your columns?If you want to use the GROUP BY clause, your selected columns (SubKategori, TutKategori, TutTittel) need to be part of an aggregate function (like SUM, COUNT,...). More info here...Cheers,Jerome