Scroll with mouse wheel in the box

cspal

I have a CSS script:

body {background-image: url("images/background.gif");background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: 0% 0%;background-attachment: fixed;background-color: #e5f5fc;}.main {overflow: auto;margin-top: 92px;margin-bottom: 10px;margin-left: 180px;margin-right: 180px;border: groove;border-color: #F6DD90;padding: 1em;float: left;width: 500px;height: 310px;}

and the index.html in which is

<div style="padding: 1em;"><DIV class="main"> ... </DIV></div>

The problem is that, that I can't scroll the text over this box with mouse wheel, howewer I can scroll the text in this box with the scrollbar. Is there a way how to write a CSS script so that this problem disappear?Thanks for any advices!--cspal

maybe something to do you, not the code.what browser are you using? tried to see if it does this in as many browsers as possible?if its in explorer, try clicking in the div, then try the scroll with the mouse wheel.firefox doesn't do this for me, whenever i put the mouse in a scrollable div, it scrolls that, and not the page, all without clicking.

maybe something to do you, not the code.what browser are you using? tried to see if it does this in as many browsers as possible?if its in explorer, try clicking in the div, then try the scroll with the mouse wheel.firefox doesn't do this for me, whenever i put the mouse in a scrollable div, it scrolls that, and not the page, all without clicking.

I'm using Mozilla 1.7.8 browser and also Epiphany 1.4.8 browser.In Mozilla I try to click in div, then try to scroll with the mouse wheel, but whit no success.When I use the middle mouse wheel, sometimes in some web page it scroll the page and sometimes it change the tabs in Mozilla. :) In the Mozilla I try to set up the behavior for mouse wheel but there is everything OK, leastwise I believe. Perhaps I'm wrong. :) How to setup the middle mouse button in Mozilla? How to setup Mouse Gestures and Mapping for the Gestures in Mozilla? Perhaps these settings may cause the mouse wheel to behave like I want - to scroll the text in div?--Thanks!